Radical European city navigation technique:

a) When you hear march music, follow to its source - a military parade engaging in a march or changing of the guard ceremony.

b) Follow them until they stop moving. Eventually, the music ends and they disperse or are dismissed.

c) Go to the nearest supermarket and buy candy.

d) Then head in the direction the parade was last moving before it ended.
You _will_ end up where you wanted to be.

Spooky, but it works.

Parade is a Broadway musical.

Music & Lyrics by Jason Robert Brown
Book by Alfred Uhry
Based on Fact
Directed by Harold Prince
Produced by Lincoln Center & Livent
Opened December 17, 1998 - Closed February 28, 1999

Synopsis: Parade is the true story of Leo Frank, a Jewish man who was wrongly convicted of the murder of thirteen-year old Mary Phagan. The musical covers not only the trial, but also dramatizes the love story between Leo and his wife Lucille. The show is basically an historical re-telling of the story, but it also subtly examines class and race relations, prejudice, and the South. In the end, Leo's sentence is commuted from the death sentence to life imprisonment, but on the two year anniversary of the little girls death, a mob takes him from his cell and lynches him.

Song List:
Old Red Hills Of Home, The
Dream Of Atlanta, The
How Can I Call This Home
Picture Show, The
Leo At Work
What Am I Waiting For?
Interrogation: "I Am Trying To Remember..."
Big News!
It Don't Make Sense
Real Big News
You Don't Know This Man
Trial, The: People Of Atlanta
Twenty Miles From Marietta
Frankie's Testimony
Factory Girls, The
Come Up To My Office
My Child Will Forgive Me
That's What He Said
It's Hard To Speak My Heart
Summation & Catwalk
Rumblin' And A Rollin', A
Do It Alone
Pretty Music
Letter To The Governor
This Is Not Over Yet
Blues: Feel The Rain Fall
Where Will You Stand When The Flood Comes?
All The Wasted Time
Sh'ma
Finale

Nominated for 9 Tony Awards, 2 Outer Critics Circle Awards, and 13 Drama Desk Awards

Pa*rade" (?), n. [F., fr. Sp. parada a halt or stopping, an assembling for exercise, a place where troops are assembled to exercise, fr. parar to stop, to prepare. See Pare, v. t.]

1.

The ground where a military display is held, or where troops are drilled.

2. Mil.

An assembly and orderly arrangement or display of troops, in full equipments, for inspection or evolutions before some superior officer; a review of troops. Parades are general, regimental, or private (troop, battery, or company), according to the force assembled.

3.

Pompous show; formal display or exhibition.

Be rich, but of your wealth make no parade. Swift.

4.

That which is displayed; a show; a spectacle; an imposing procession; the movement of any body marshaled in military order; as, a parade of firemen.

In state returned the grand parade. Swift.

5.

Posture of defense; guard.

[A Gallicism.]

When they are not in parade, and upon their guard. Locke.

6.

A public walk; a promenade.

Dress parade, Undress parade. See under Dress, and Undress. -- Parade rest, a position of rest for soldiers, in which, however, they are required to be silent and motionless. Wilhelm.

Syn. -- Ostentation; display; show. -- Parade, Ostentation. Parade is a pompous exhibition of things for the purpose of display; ostentation now generally indicates a parade of virtues or other qualities for which one expects to be honored. "It was not in the mere parade of royalty that the Mexican potentates exhibited their power." Robertson. "We are dazzled with the splendor of titles, the ostentation of learning, and the noise of victories." Spectator.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pa*rade" (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Paraded; p. pr. & vb. n. Parading.] [Cf. F. parader.]

1.

To exhibit in a showy or ostentatious manner; to show off.

Parading all her sensibility. Byron.

2.

To assemble and form; to marshal; to cause to maneuver or march ceremoniously; as, to parade troops.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pa*rade", v. i.

1.

To make an exhibition or spectacle of one's self, as by walking in a public place.

2.

To assemble in military order for evolutions and inspection; to form or march, as in review.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.