Paddles is THE premier S&M club in New York City, located in the heart of Chelsea.

With over 5,000 square feet, a good sound system, multiple monitors playing stimulating videos, murals, thematic play areas with over 30 play stations including suspension bars, bondage beds, chairs, and horses, and the prerequisite cage, you're sure not to be disappointed, even if you're only there to watch.

Paddles has been at its current location since May 2000, but has been in operation since 1984. The owner, Michael, and his girlfriend Laura, are simply amazing. If you're there for your first or fiftieth time, make sure to talk to one or both of them because they'll put you right at ease, and are always willing to answer any question you may have about the scene.

After you've quenched your erotic and intellectual thirst, make *absolutely sure* you don't walk out of there without having a freshly made Belgian Waffle with gobs of ice cream on it. Or how about a float? Brownie a-la-mode? I'm not kidding, folks. The only kind of bar at Paddles is an ice cream and soda one. The club's policy has been BYOB to encourage responsible playing, and 99% of its patrons are high on nothing but endorphins and good vibes. Well, if they had ice cream when they first got there I'm sure sugar had *something* to do with it. :)

Who shows up to this kind of place, anyway, you ask? Everyone. Every kind of person you can imagine. Every shape (and I mean *every* shape), every sexual orientation, singles, friends, lovers, leatherfolk, yuppies, goths, trannies, dykes, queers, your average Joe. Wear what you want. Wear nothing if you want. Wear a *leaf* if you want. Almost anything goes - just don't expect to walk around wankin yer weener like the boys at Hellfire/Manhole downtown. Michael likes to keep his floors and ambiance clean.

Can I expect to meet someone? Well, this is not a ProDomme house, things can't be "arranged" (that's next door). You meeting people depends on the same social skills that will get you by at any public meeting place: Good conversation, politeness, decency, respect, self-presentation. Just because the crowd is a fairly less uptight than most others, and just because you've seen someone naked before you've seen them clothed So *that's* where it started! doesn't mean that all rules are thrown to the wind. Keep this in mind once your hormones get out of check, mmkay?

General Information: Paddles is open Fridays and Saturdays, from 10PM EST - 4:30(ish)AM EST. Admission is $30 for men and $5 for women and dressed TV's. Going with a girlfriend but whining about the price? Try splitting the cost evenly! Members of organized S&M groups such as TES and LSM get a discount on their admission. For more information, check out their website.

Disclaimer: This has *not* been a paid advertisement or stolen words from a blurb. I've spent many, many Saturday nights here, oftentimes staying until he kicked the last stragglers out. My screams echo beautifully there. I adore the place.

Hope to see you there. :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.