Online Computer Library Center, Inc. offers a wide range of library-related services such as FirstSearch and WorldCat. Forest Press, a division of OCLC, also publishes the Dewey Decimal Classification System. At a recent meeting of the American Library Association, an over-enthusiastic librarian called OCLC "the Vatican of the library world."

The OCLC headquarters are located at 6565 Frantz Road in Dublin, Ohio, just inside the I-270 loop off Highway 161. The Dublin branch has a nice college-style campus and good recreational facilities for its employees, including a gym that's better-equipped than most commercial gyms in the city. Employees are allowed to wear pretty much what they want (though facial piercings and Manic Paniced hair might not go over well).

OCLC was founded in 1967 and serves over 41,000 libraries in over 82 countries. The company has about 2,000 employees total and has branches in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; New Albany, Indiana; New York, NY; Rancho Cucamonga, California; Ontario, California; Portland, Oregon; Lacey, Washington; Boulder, Colorado; Chambly, Quebec; Birmingham, UK; Winnipeg, Manitoba; and Mexico City, Mexico.

For more information about OCLC, visit their website at http://www.oclc.org/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.