is a popular Malay
dish made of rice
cooked in coconut milk
. It is normally eaten with hot chilli sauce
. Simple recipe for the rice
- 1 cup rice
- 1 grated coconut
- 3 screwpine leaves(pandan leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Clean the rice and drain.
- Squeeze out 2 cups of thick coconut milk from the grated coconut.
- Cook the rice in the coconut milk with screwpine leaves.
- Add in salt. If you desire, you can also add in some sliced shallots and ginger.
- Serve this rice with sliced hard-boiled eggs, cucumber.
Recipe for the hot chilli sauce or sambal tumis later.