Other than the well known cupcake style sweet pastry, a muffin is also a toasted breakfast food in Australia, Britain, etc, bearing little or no resemblence to the more common sweet variety. The most common variety is the English Muffin although a range of other ingredients are mixed into the dough mix to produce interesting variety. Manufacturers attempt to enhance the percieved value of their muffins by describing them as 'pre-split'.

Secondary meaning: Muffin is the best friend of the Sanrio character Purin.

A program supplied on the AppleDOS 3.3 System Master disk that allowed files to be copied from pre-3.3 13-sector disks the the new(er) 16-sector disks used by AppleDOS 3.3 and ProDOS.

The compliment to this program is, of course, De-Muffin, which facilitated copying of files from 16-sector disks to 13-sector disks.

Muffins (Basic recipe for 10 medium muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups pastry flour or 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil (salad oil is fine)

Instructions:
Set the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the muffin pans.
Measure the flour and mix and sift the dry ingredients.
Beat the eggs and add the milk to it.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, add the oil, stir the ingredients
into a smooth batter.
Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, let cool.
(this recipe is vegan)


2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder (not baking soda)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unrefined sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
include nuts and berries as desired

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Mix the dry ingredients well, then mix in the wet ingredients. Lightly oil a muffin pan with room for 12 muffins. Cook for about 20 minutes or until lightly or golden brown, depending on how crispy you like the outsides. You can let them cool, but eat some while they are still damn hot with margarine and jam because its good that way.

A Java-based filtering proxy, known to work in both *NIX and Windows.

Muffin does everything Internet Junkbuster doesn't do, but it can also be made to block stuff more aggressively based on content, and modify content too (Junkbuster merely passes through what it is allowed to and puts in a dummy for something that was not not allowed). It is sort of like the equivalent of Proxomitron: It stops looping animations, removes Java applet code, blocks images with certain sizes, shoves background music where it came, and more, everything you need.

Like Proxomitron, it's very configurable and even has configuration GUI. (Though I have to admit I'm still looking for the actual configuration. =( )

Home page, as of writing: http://muffin.doit.org/

Muf"fin (?), n. [From Muff.]

A light, spongy, cylindrical cake, used for breakfast and tea.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.