Meddle was released by Pink Floyd in 1971, Capitol Records catalog number CDP 7 46034 2. Meddle ranges from pleasant vocal tunes to the full-on electronic space composition of Echoes. These extremes showcase the Floyd's styles beautifully. Gilmour's haunting guitar work takes center stage supporting the melody on Pillow of Winds and Fearless, as well as in the layered guitar effects on Echoes. San Tropez and Seamus both have a folk-song kind of feel to them, and stand out as departures from the flying electronic standard of the rest of the album. Echoes is a monumental composition. With several styles and transitions, it ranges from psychedelia to proto-prog rock in an amazing 23 minutes. The sound quality throughout is clean, in all aspects. Masterful production allows all instrumental and vocal tracks to be heard with lovely separation and depth. Meddle is a solid piece of work, and holds up well, lo these thirty years since its debut.

Track List: One of These Days - 5:57 A Pillow of Winds - 5:10 Fearless - 6:08 San Tropez - 3:43 Seamus - 2:15 Echoes - 23:29

Performers: Guitar: David Gilmour Bass: Roger Waters Keyboards: Rick Wright Drums: Nick Mason

Med"dle` (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Meddled (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Meddling (?).] [OE. medlen to mix, OF. medler, mesler, F. meler, LL. misculare, a dim. fr. L. miscere to mix. See Mix, and cf. Medley, Mellay.]

1.

To mix; to mingle.

[Obs.]

More to know Did never meddle with my thoughts. Shak.

2.

To interest or engage one's self; to have to do; -- a good sense.

[Obs.]

Barrow.

Study to be quiet, and to meddle with your own business. Tyndale.

3.

To interest or engage one's self unnecessarily or impertinently, to interfere or busy one's self improperly with another's affairs; specifically, to handle or distrub another's property without permission; -- often followed by with or in.

Why shouldst thou meddle to thy hurt? 2 Kings xiv. 10.

The civil lawyers . . . have meddled in a matter that belongs not to them. Locke.

To meddle and make, to intrude one's self into another person's concerns. [Archaic]

Shak.

Syn. -- To interpose; interfere; intermeddle.

 

© Webster 1913.


Med"dle, v. t.

To mix; to mingle.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

"Wine meddled with gall." Wyclif (Matt. xxvii. 34).

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.