It's

about

FEAR.

 

 

That's what they don't understand, or if they do they can only understand it as a feeling. They don't know it as a fact. Or a philosophy. Or an ideology. Because they don't engage with it a moment longer than what's absolutely necessary. They don't look fear in the eye and if they do then it's to cast away that fear. Overcome the fear as if it was a means of overcoming themselves, hehe. But they still don't accept it. They don't embrace it. They don't understand that the fear IS themselves. They don't understand.

 

 

You know there's a floating island of plastic twice the size of Texas in the Pacific Ocean? And it's slowly degenerating? And that's only the part that we can see. What's remained floating on the surface.

You know Macias Nguema singlehandedly destroyed a country? 90% of the population gone. Some fled, some exiled, many murdered. Stripped the entire country of any semblance of government, health care system, power grid, and every other man-made resource. An absolute genocide of both population and culture. Not from prejudice nor hatred nor thirst for power, but for one reason alone - his complete and undeniable insanity. And this wasn't 500 years ago. He came into power 5 years after the assassination of JFK.

You know when Krakatoa blew the plume rose 25 kilometers into the air? The sound waves from the explosion circled around the Earth 7 times. The largest tsunami was at least twice the size of what hit Indonesia in 2004. The force of the explosion was equivalent to 250 million tons of T.N.T. Still worried about those WMDs?

One man gets nearly beaten to death on pay per view and it's a regular night of sport. Another man gets slapped in the face at an awards show and it's the story of the year. An explosion nearly the size of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima occured on a rail line in south central soviet Russia killing over 500 people and severely injuring over 800 more. But that was June 4, 1989. You probably remember that as the Tiananmen Square Massacre day. A former United States president is being treated like a criminal. He's out on bond, for a fee that cost less than his best pair of shoes. How much word are you getting from Ukraine these days?

What are you paying attention to?

What are you...NOT paying attention to?

 

 

And we still need to cook up these campfire stories, these, these, grand pieces of context in order to make you grasp fear, in order to package it in a way that can be consumed? It still needs to have these boundaries? These guardrails, to let you know that you can just pause the show any time you want any time you're not having fun? Any time you don't feel safe? You think you can just quit, close your eyes, turn the lights off and that makes things go away and be okay and you can go to bed and everything will be just fine in the morning? That's what we're calling medicine here? That's what we're trying to teach our brothers and sisters, not by history or by science but by entertainment?

HAH!

Well if that's the only way. They need their medicine.

 

 

They still treat fear like it's just an emotion or like it's a disorder or a disease. Like it's something that can only hurt you. But they will know. hmmhmmhmm yes. They won't have a choice. You know how often the Earth descends into an ice age? Know how long it's been? You know what New Madrid can do? Look over your left shoulder for the wetlands, over your right shoulder for the ozone layer. Look down and see the water level. You can't change this. You can only change you. You can only see, that's all you can do, you can just open your eyes to let in the darkness and you can hold that fear because it's going to hold you either way brothers and sisters. FEAR is only going to do what fear knows how to do. It's not until the moment that it makes you think that you're in hell...that it can put you in hell.

 

 

For Windham Lawrence Rotunda. The man who truly knew his way through the darkness and who knew how to truly reach human beings in the ways they did not know they needed. For the stories. For as long as there are worms and maggots and derilict swamps and dark corners and nightshades and lost souls on this earth he will be here with us. Watching. And guiding. To the end.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.