The X-files

Little Green Men
Episode: 2X01
First aired: 9/16/94
Written by: Glen Morgan and James Wong
Directred by: David Nutter

First episode of the second season!!! Also one of my favorite episodes.

The X-files has been shut down and Mulder and Scully have been reassigned to other areas. However, they continue to meet but fear that they are being watched. Mulder is still intent on gathering evidence of extraterrestrial life and the truth of his sister's abduction.

In a meeting with Senator Matheson, who has always supported Mulder's work, he is told that he has 24 hours to go to Puerto Rico and gather evidence of aliens before a Blue Beret UFO Retrieval Team gets there.

Scully gains access to Mulder's computer and discovers his plans.

At the site in Puerto Rico, Mulder meets a terrified Puerto Rican man who doesn't speak English but draws a picture of an alien. The man runs into the jungle and Mulder finds him frozen to death with fear.

In the small Puerto Rican station, Mulder searches vainly for evidence. Suddenly a blue flashing light floods the room and Mulder sees a thin alien figure through the door.

Scully finally reaches Mulder to find him unconscious. When he wakes he tells her that the tapes and printouts he collected will show evidence of his encounter. However the retrieval team shows up and Mulder and Scully flee the area.

The tape that Mulder managed to salvage is blank, meaning that he still doesn't have the evidence. Mulder is yet again still intent to find the truth and still has Scully backing him up all the way.


Important Quotes:
Mulder -- "The X-Files have been shut down. They closed our eyes. Our voices have been silenced... our ears now deaf to the realms of extreme possibilities."

Student -- "Are you okay, Agent Scully? You kind of sounded a... little spooky."

Mulder (to Puerto Rican man) -- "No, Jorge! Don’t touch that red button. No-ho on the rojo."

Mulder (speaking into a recorder) -- "Deep Throat said "Trust no one." And that’s hard, Scully... suspecting everyone, everything. It wears you down. You even begin to doubt what you know is the truth. Before, I could only trust myself. Now, I can only trust you... and they’ve taken you away from me. "

Mulder -- "I may not have the X-Files, Scully, but I still have my work. And I’ve still got you. And I still have myself."

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 2

Actually, contrary to tetron's (idea), the common conception is that little green men are from Mars, you know, Martians. Straying (slightly) from myth now, I'd like to address the fact that many people alive today, (whether they have been struck by a collective delusion or psychosis or whatever after listening to too much Art Bell, nobody can be sure), strongly believe that they have been visited by these little green men except that, shock me shock me, they are not little, or green, and maybe not even men. After perusing a few alien fanatic sites it became clear that among the alien abduction community there is an accepted and widespread belief of the different alien 'races'. I will outline them briefly here now, and provide links if you want to check out the craziness further. (Although, I would like to point out that I find the concept of aliens far easier to believe than the concept of a big fat omnisentient God with a capital G in the sky and all invisible and stuff).


The Greys

There are several sub-types of the greys. All tend to appear grey, or greyish in color and for this reason and shockingly, no other, they are refered to as "greys". They have large heads and black "wrap around" eyes. They have limited facial features, a slit for a mouth and no nose to speak of. They have evolved beyond the need for reproductive systems or digestive systems and reproduce by cloning. Their genetics are apparently partly based on "insectoidal genetics". Their science deals largely with the study of other life forms and genetic engineering. They have supposedly had a part to play in the alteration of human genetics over thousands of years (allegedly explaining the missing link). It seems that they may be trying to cross breed with humans in order to create a "hybrid race" that would be better than either. They seem to be emotionless and therefore are taken as cruel in their treatment of human beings. These greys are actually servants to a master race of reptilian-type aliens known as the Reptilians.
Link to check out: http://home.swbell.net/kkmartin/greys.htm




The Reptilians

With genetics akin to reptiles, these are highly advanced entities but viewed as owning a negative, hostile or dangerous disposition since they regard humans as a totally inferior race. They would perceive us much the way we would perceive a herd of cattle. Reptillians are carnivorous in regard to humans. They consider earth to be their own ancient outpost and would expect to have complete control of the entire planet upon their return. Their own planet is becoming unable to adequately support life and they need somewhere else to live. They have the greys "working" for them as they wish not to be seen.
link: reptoids.com


Ataien/Praying Mantis

Long narrow faces, slanted large eyes, long insect like body with strong resemblance to the praying mantis. People who claim to have had ET experiences have reported this being is no insect but an intelligent, gentle-spirited but somewhat hyper and jerky moving, human like lifeform (both male and female). Most are around 6ft. tall and their colouring ranges from light gray to gold. They used to survive on plant juices but have evolved to the point where they can live directly off the energy of light. They have wings but do not need them for travel, they sometimes fly for meditation.
Link: http://home.sprintmail.com/~rigoletto/reports/aliens_insectlike_mantis_types.htm


The Chupacabra

The Chupacabra is about a metre (3 ft.) tall and weighs close to that of an adult goat. He has scaly skin with dark grey or brown hair covering his body. He stands and walks on its hind legs and has two smaller forearms with sharp claws (like a T-Rex). He has spikes going down the back down to it's long tail. He also has sharp fangs protruding from his mouth and it's with these fangs that he has punctured the neck of many animals especially goats (hence the name chupacabra which means "goat sucker" in Spanish). He has bright red eyes, a forked tongue, and resembles the grey alien with the oval shaped head and wrap around eyes. He is very intelligent and has the ability to fly with his spinal quills. Their main food is the blood of animals; he lives in underground caves and waits until night to feast on animal blood. They've been seen in South America, Puerto Rico and most recently in the U.S. (Florida and Texas).
link: http://kingkongvsgodzilla.com/chupa/


The Varginha EBE's

In January 20, 1996 between 1:30-5:30 A.M., a UFO was believed to have crashed in a suburban neighborhood in Varginha, Brazil. There were many witnesses. People described them as being 4-5 feet in height, emitting a strange buzzing sound (like a swarm of bees), having 3 rounded protuberances on top of head (like horns), oily brownish skin, big red eyes, and a strong smell like ammonia. It seems to be a cross of the grey aliens and the chupacabra.
link: http://www.think-aboutit.com/aliens/varginha_case.htm




The Pleiadians

Blonde or in rare cases brunette "Nordic" type humans based in the Pleiadean 'Taygeta' and other systems which were allegedly colonised by refugees from their former planetary abodes in the Lyra constellation which were invaded by the reptoid entities from Alpha Draconis. The Pleidians are a highly evolved, spiritual, benevolent variety and have a kinship toward humans and are the only aliens to be truly trusted by earth humans at this time. They had at one time offered to be of assistance to earth leaders in dealing with the alien situation here, but were rebuffed and so have taken a kind of "hands off" approach for the time being. These aliens are supposedly the forefathers race of humankind.
link: http://www.lialight.com/WHO_ARE_THEY_/who_are_they_.html




Men In Black

The Men in Black are also known as M.I.B., Horlock's, and UFO Silencers. Theclassic conception of an M.I.B. is a man of indefinite age, medium height and dressed in black. Most often seen with a black hat, sunglasses and black suit. They have pale greyish skin, and seem to have light brown or blonde hair. Witnesses have described them as having mechanical behavior, like a robot or android and speak with a monotone voice. They seem to be sensitive to light. They have posed as salesmen, telephone repairmen or representatives from official or unofficial organisations. They are reported to arrive following alien encounters or UFO sightings. They intimidate witnesses into keeping silent about what they have seen. Their mode of transportation are usually large and expensive cars such as Buicks, Lincolns, sometimes Cadillacs; all black of course. Unusual insignia have been seen emblazoned on the doors and licence plates which are always unidentifiable or untraceable.
link: http://www.tje.net/para/terms/mib.htm

Everything Bartender

A drink invented by me and my brother on the banks of the River Severn, possibly in celebration of the hard days kayaking we'd just finished, or possibly because we had a large quantity of alcohol left.

Strangely popular with everyone I'd introduced to it, mainly because its ability to be consumed in large amounts and not effect you for hours afterwards , although when your body does finally realise, it knocks you nicely for six. Not recommended for nights out!

Colour - Bright Green, (slightly darker than a Nuclear Iced Tea)
Taste - "Bittersweet, yet also exceptionally drinkable"1

Ingredients

  1. 1/2 pint Strongbow (for preference, although Blackthorn will do as an alternative)
  2. 1 small bottle of WKD Blue
  3. 4 shots of Mickey Finn or 5 shots of Apple Sourz 2
  4. 1 lemon
  • Nice and simple, mix all the liquid into a jug or beaker, stir well and add the squeezed lemon. Serve with ice.

1 - My brother's girlfriend's discription of our creation.

2 Mickey Finn, whilst being one of the nicest drinks, is also nigh impossible to find (in the UK at least). Apple Sourz, whilst slightly more expensive, is easier to find, so both are shown. Aren't I nice to you all?


Many thanks are owed to Dimview and jessicaj for giving this node a good going over. Much love ladies.

Disclaimer - Please, please, please, please enjoy safely, and don't do anything stupid whilst under influence. I'm not taking any responsibility of incidents, accidents or embarassment caused from drinking this beverage in large (or small) quantities. You have been warned.

In the middle of the massive, nationwide, wave of protests sparked in the US by the killing of George Floyd (46) in Minneapolis, MN on May 25, 2020, by an on-duty police officer, there is a mystery being presented in Washington, D.C. Who are the "little green men"? They look like members of federal law enforcement agencies except for one little detail. They have no badge or insignia or anything else, which would indicate which federal agency they represent and are employed by.

The moniker, "little green men," is being used by some to describe these security officers, who are in some ways reminiscent of the unmarked security officers, also in unmarked green uniforms, and armed with modern Russian weapons and masks, who were deployed during the Ukrainian crisis of 2014. These Russian operatives (Vladimir Putin later admitted they were military) also had no insignia and were dubbed "little green men," presumably due to their resemblance to the popular tiny, plastic, generic toy soldiers. In Washington, the "little green men" often refuse to identify who they work for, although some do respond, "Department of Justice". This isn't too helpful, since the Department of Justice has no generic enforcement agency.

I hate to bring it up, but one might conceivably question the advisability of deploying heavily armed federal security enforcement in the United States' capitol with no accountability to any specific agency at this time in history. Or not.

Sample source: Defense One

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.