"" you will always know that i loved you this fiercely, because i told you. and then i made you feel it.""

 

 

When I read certain words,   like these,  I take a moment to exhale.  I pause to recall if I can remember what it was like-  Where I was and who I was with.  How long ago was it when I  felt that much emotion.    Did it really happen ?   I try and remember honestly if it was my life - and not just a chapter in a book or a certain scene from movie.    

When I read certain words it makes it feel real-  the way an old song sends you back to those nights you cannot forget- the ones that felt like there were only two people in the whole world- and you were one of them.    

I used to dream of time machines, but now I believe I have seen it and the words on a screen are what send me back.  Twenty years, maybe more, and not just for a glance,  it includes the soundtrack.

It does not happen very often.  But it does happen and I cherish the experience.  Yes, I know it is ephemeral, and that it fades quickly, dissipating the way morning fog burns off. 

That doesn't matter,  I enjoy it while it lasts, and am grateful for any artist who can make it real for me, all over again.  

 

 

 

 



thankyou-  hamster bong

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.