A game played by young children.

The children split into two groups of equal size. One group(the runners) think of a word that has an equal amount of letters to the members of the group. Each member takes a letter and memorizes it.

The second group(the chasers), must each choose an opponent from the runners. Then, they proceed in beating the shit out of that member to discover his/her letter.

What made the game interesting, was the fact that the runners were not alowed to fight back against the chasers.

After they have discovered the letter, they either wait for the others to finish, or help another chaser to discover their letter. Games go on for as long as they have to, and usually go on to long. Most of the time games never end. If in the unlikely event of all the letters being discovered, the chasers announce the word, and the teams exchange roles.

The origins of the game are unknown, to me. It is possible that the name is derived from the allies interrogating the Nazis during World War 2.

In some circles, the game is known as "German Bastards".

In*ter`ro*ga"tion (?), n. [L. interrogatio: cf. F. interrogation.]

1.

The act of interrogating or questioning; examination by questions; inquiry.

2.

A question put; an inquiry.

3.

A point, mark, or sign, thus [?], indicating that the sentence with which it is connected is a question. It is used to express doubt, or to mark a query. Called also interrogation point.

<-- usu. question mark. -->

In works printed in the Spanish language this mark is not only placed at the end of an interrogative sentence, but is also placed, inverted [as thus (¿)], at the beginning.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.