A general term for various organizations which provide services to individuals who need support. Generally these are non-profit, either NGOs or government funded organizations, although not necessarily. If the primary mission of the organization is to support a group of people who are unable to support themselves, it falls under this umbrella.

It's people helping people.

Hands, touching hands
Reaching out, touching me, touching you*

Examples include:

Many human services organizations re small, but very large organizations like the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, or in the U.S., government bodies like FEMA and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services are also considered to be human services organizations. (Unless you think they have secret, nefarious, purposes.)

The general goal of human services organizations it to improve the quality of life of those individuals under their care. Social workers, grief counselors, therapists, and caregivers of all sorts are providers of human services. As the baby boom generation totters into its twilight years, the need for human services seems certain to increase.


* I like to sing on e2 where no one can hear me.
And to provide earworms. You're welcome!


IN9

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.