One of the best dipping sauces known to man, and a definite entry under 'tastes that, surprisingly, go well together'.

Let's stop and take a look at this for a minute. We're supposed to believe that, somewhere, at some point in time, someone said, "Man, this mustard is good! I wonder how much better it would be if I added some honey?" Or vice versa? Come on. This has to be something like the invention of safety glass, a total mistake that turned out to be to the benefit of everyone. Someone was drunk, hungry, and careless, ended up accidentally spilling a bunch of honey into a dipping dish of mustard, said, "Eh, fuck it." and ate it anyway. It's the only possible explanation, as Google doesn't turn up much in the way of an inventor for honey mustard.

While it's true that the inventor of this wonderful condiment may be lost to history, we still have plenty of honey mustard to go around. The basic recipe is fairly simple, if you don't want to make your own mustard. Just take a quarter cup of deli style mustard, and whisk it together with an equal amount of honey. Voila! Honey mustard!

Try this on:

Honey mustard goes well with just about any meat (even salmon!), but especially with chicken. Your mileage may vary.

Some honey mustard recipes are a bit more involved, adding things such as olive oil, mayonnaise, Jack Daniel's whiskey, vinegar, and various spices. As with any recipe, one should experiment to find their own favorite combination.

Here is a slightly more involved honey mustard recipe:

Mix all ingredients together well - chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. Try adding poppy seeds for some extra kick, or a shot of whiskey. This recipe makes one pint of honey mustard.

Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.