honey jumbles are delightful little honey/gingerbread cakes, topped with a strip of pink or white icing. they are perfect finger food; back in the day i used to love unwrapping them from foil during art class in high school & sharing with my friends. then we would be in the mood to paint rainbows, silly and forgetful as bees (and there are rainbows and bees on the biscuit package too!) we'd get yellow paint all over our mohair cardigans & get scolded by our mothers. honey jumbles definitely bring you back to your childhood ways.

these days, they are charming little numbers for use at a tea party. i choose to dip them in vanilla yoghurt. they sleep so ingenously and plumply on plates besides raspberry tarts, angel cakes, teapots, and sugary little wafer things. they are delectable when nibbled on absentmindedly with a mug of hot chocolate & marshmallows.

honey jumbles have been part of the arnott's range since 1906. they are made using only the finest of ingredients of course, including special mallee honey from south australia, and queensland grown ginger.

INGREDIENTS:
FLOUR, SUGAR, INVERT SYRUP, HONEY (5%), GOLDEN SYRUP, VEGETABLE OIL, EGG, GLYCEROL, SALT, GINGER, GELATINE, BAKING POWDER (SODIUM BICARBONATE), FLAVOUR, COLOUR (120, 129, 133) MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUT, EGG, DAIRY OR SEED.


NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
:
average serving size: 35g (2-3 biscuits)

energy 190kj calories 45cal protein 0.5g fat - total 0.6g carbohydrate- total 9.2g - sugars 5.4g dietary fibre 0.2g sodium 31mg potassium 15mg



i have a recipe so that those of you who do not live in australia can make your own. bear in mind that as the biscuits have a caky texture, they need to be carefully baked to ensure they remain moist and delicious.
25 g butter
3 tablespoons honey
125g self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup icing sugar
a little water
food colouring
  1. line a microwave safe baking tray or plate with baking paper.
  2. combine butter and honey in a heatproof bowl and cook on high power for 45 seconds.
  3. add flour, ginger and cinnamon and mix into a firm dough.
  4. roll out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until dough is 1 cm thick.
  5. using a sharp knife cut into oval shapes from the dough until all the mixture is used.
  6. place 6 biscuits at a time around the outside of a baking tray and cook on high power for 1-2 minutes or until biscuits are set.
  7. stand for 5 minutes then cook the next batch.

  8. combine icing sugar with enough water to make a smooth icing. stir in a few drops of food colouring.
  9. dip biscuits and stand to set.
of course, the nutritional information will vary for the home recipe.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.