Common parlance for hashish (sometimes hasheesh). A resiny drug derived from marijuana. Hash is taken by burning it and then inhaling the smoke. Because it is refined marijuana, it has a higher concentration of THC and a lesser amount of vegetable matter-- so the high is more pronounced, some would say cleaner-- and there is not as much tar. Hash is primarily made in the Mid East. Compare with espresso.

Hash is the name of the symbol that looks like a noughts-and-crosses board: #

How to procure hashish from marijuana leaf (shake)

Hashish is a squishy blondeish-coloured substance made exclusively from the tips of the little hairs on marijuana leaf (called trichomes). Hash is not made by mixing oil and powdered shake, like some people I've seen do.

Here is a foolproof way to make some of the best hash you'll ever get, and without the need to buy expensive solvents... the active ingredient is ordinary water.

What you will need:

  • 2 Large buckets/basins
  • Enough water to fill one
  • A screen (see below details) and a coffee filter
  • A sieve
  • A large amount of ice
  • Shake
  • A stick, or an electric mixer

The theory behind this is that trichomes will break off the leaves if they're cold and moved around a bunch. Trichomes are heavier than water, and will therefore sink to the bottom.

Procedure:

  • First chill your shake in the freezer for a while, that'll make the stems holding the trichomes brittle, which will greatly help your cause.
  • While it's cooling off, fill your bucket with the water and ice.
  • After a half hour or so, dump all your shake in the water and mix it around with the stick
  • Here's the fun part - Now mix it up... stir it like there's no tommorow... keep doing this till your arm falls off... This is the process which will break the trichomes off the leaves. The longer you do this, the more you'll get.
  • After you're sick of stirring (do it for at least a half hour) take all the leaf off the top and throw it away (I suppose you can dry it out and make oil with it - but I wouldn't).
  • Dump your water through the screen into the other bucket (I suggest putting the screen in a sieve and pouring slowly through that). This step will take out all the leafy bits that are larger than a trichome.
  • Now let your water sit for a while and let all the keif sink to the bottom (it'll make your job faster). Give this step at least an hour (I'd give it 2). If it's in a clear container you can see when this is done, as you can no longer see sparkly bits floating in the water.
  • You should now get rid of most of the water. You can do this by siphoning, or by carefull pouring, and when I say carefull, I mean it... pay close attention to the blonde crud at the bottom, and not to pour it out.
  • Stir the remaining water up and quickly pour it into the sieve which now contains a coffee filter.
  • When the water starts getting low, bunch up the hash with your fingers into the center. When it's filtered through you have your hash. That's it! You can't smoke it till it's dry, of course.. so you might want to roll it out real thin with a rolling pin and let it dry.

The key step in this process is filtering it through the first screen. The weave of the screen decides the quality of the hash. Less leaf bits = good.
If you're willing to go out and buy some screens, I suggest getting a 60/29 polyethelene screen for straining out the leaf, and a 212/41 one for trapping the hash (don't ask me what those numbers mean, I've never bought these (though I'm assuming it refers to thread count per square inch/cm)). This will yeild bright yellow hash of the finest quality. You can, however, make a makeshift screen out of almost anything, silk screen works exceptionally well. If you don't have any of that, though, you can make one out of several layers of panty-hose material.

So now you know how to make some of the bestest hash known to man... best of luck, and /msg me if you have any problems or want me to umm.. assess the final product ;)

A hash is also used to refer to an associative array. I.e. an array indexed by
something other than an integer. The index is usually referred to as a key. Internally, this association is done via a hash table. In some programming languages you can only use strings as the key, in others you can use full-blown objects. They are very powerful constructs, and greatly simplify many coding tasks. Perl and Python are two languages that make good use of hashes by including them as built-in types (although they're known as dictionaries in python).

Cost-effective method to smoke hash

Works only with proper hash, not with weed...

You need:

1. A pin
2. Blue tac
3. Tiny amount of hash
4. A bottle (1l - 2l)
5. A lighter / matches

Instructions:
Carefully stick a pin in hash so that you can lift hash with the pin. Now, stick the pin in blue tac. If you managed to stick the pin upsidedown i.e. if you find your hash stucked in blue tac you're stoned enough already and you shouldn't continue.
Now, light up hash and take a bottle and turn it upsidedown. Place hash inside the bottle and hold it so that hash will continue burning. You'll find the appropriate place where to keep the bottle adjusting the altitude by yourself, observing the process of combustion.

In the end you should have the bottle full of smoke and you'll find you don't have to do business with your Dimebag-Darrell as often as usual.

In computer software, a hash is a relatively small integer derived from a larger integer, string or some kind of object, a key or a file.

The number is produced by a hash function.

For example, a simple, although very poor way, to calculate a hash of a string is by adding the ascii codes for each digit together. The answer is a hash of the string. Note that two strings such as "ab" and "ba" would have the same hash. It's quite normal for two strings to hash to the same number, in fact it's nearly always inevitable because the hash is shorter. This is called a 'collision'.

Hashes are often used in conjunction with a hash table; but need not be.

Alternatively a hash can also be calculated and stored; it can then be used as a quick way to prove that two things aren't 'equal' very rapidly- clearly if the hashes are different, then you know straight away they aren't the same.

However, if the hashes match, you often still need to do a full comparison of the data to check that it wasn't a collision; but in many cases, the full comparison will usually almost immediately fail for collisions, because the hash compares them in a different way.

Also, if a large enough hash and a very carefully chosen hash function is used, the chances of finding two things being different, but having the same hash can be incredibly small, small enough that you wouldn't find an example if you looked for billions of years on the fastest computer. In that case, you may not need to do the full comparison at all; this is used as a way of instantly comparing files, even if the files are many gigabytes in size. This idea is used very extensively.

Hashes are used for digital signing of documents, files, or programs- any modification to the document changes the hash. The hashes used for this purpose are very carefully designed using cryptographic theory for extremely high security so that people deliberately trying to construct files which have the same hash are unable to do so in any reasonable time.

Hash (?), n. [Formerly hachey, hachee, F. hachis, . hacher to hash; of German origin; cf. G. hippe sickle, OHG. hippa, for happia. Cf. Hatchet.]

1.

That which is hashed or chopped up; meat and vegetables, especially such as have been already cooked, chopped into small pieces and mixed.

2.

A new mixture of old matter; a second preparation or exhibition.

I can not bear elections, and still less the hash of them over again in a first session. Walpole.

 

© Webster 1913.


Hash, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hashed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Hashing.] [From Hash, n.: cf. F. hacher to hash.]

To chop into small pieces; to mince and mix; as, to hash meat.

Hudibras.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.