Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots. He is not very intelligent, but his prowess in battle makes up for it. He transforms into a tyrannosaurus rex.

Grimlock always thought that he should be the Autobot leader because he is stronger than Optimus Prime. He has even challenged Optimus for leadership, but he later saw the error of his ways.

In Transformers The Movie, Grimlock and the rest of the Dinobots kick some serious ass. Go rent it; it has been recently re-released on VHS.

Later, a freak accident made Grimlock super intelligent. Grimlock created the Technobots, and transferred his intelligence to his new creations, thus making him dumb again. But that's fine, because we love to hear him say "Me Grimlock smash Decepticon."

Supposedly, a new Grimlock toy was made for the Beast Wars line, but I don't care because it doesn't compare to the original series.

Transforms from dinosaur to robot and back!

DINOBOT: GRIMLOCK

FUNCTION: DINOBOT COMMANDER
"Among the winners, there is no room for the weak."

Most fearsome and powerful Dinobot. Although dedicated to the Autobot cause, resents authority. Cold, merciless, but a valiant warrior. Has contempt for the weak, including all humans. Great strength, uses jaws to break almost anything in two. Carries energo sword and galaxial rocket launcher in Dinobot mode. Other than arrogance and lack of speed, has no real weakness.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 10
  • Rank: 9
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 10
Transformers Tech Specs


The obligatory Tyrannosaurus Rex of the group, Grimlock was very heavily used in the cartoon once he was introduced; he was tough to the point of indestructibility, he was the meanest dinosaur ever to exist, he was all around funny because of his low I.Q. (fans of the Transformers comics readily point out that he should have been, at least, able to use first-person pronouns correctly), and dangit, the robotic dinosaurs just looked so freakin' cool. Since Grimlock was one of the few TF's to successfully survive the transition from before the movie to after, he probably enjoyed the most airtime of any Autobot.

The grimlock is a fantasy monster that seems to be at least party based on the morlocks from the novel The Time Machine.

Grimlocks live deep under the ground, they have long black hair, grey skin, and white sightless eyes. They are completely blind, relying on their overdeveloped senses of smell and hearing to maneuver as well as a sighted person.

They live in unorganized bands deep under the earths surface, coming out only to hunt. They prefer to attack human and demi-human settlements at night (although they may raid during the daylight as well). Their diet consists of the flesh of humanoid creatures, meaning that they must constantly attack other creatures in a hunt for food. They prefer humans above all others, but they will eat any humanoid species, even each other (dead grimlocks are not buried, but eaten instead).

They are usually armed with swords or other edged weapons (generally taken from humans, as they cannot produce their own weapons). They attack in a mob-like chaotic fashion. They do not stay until they have defeated all the enemies. Individual grimlocks will begin carrying away foes (for use as food), as soon as they start falling. They even carry away their own dead for use in the same manner. A grimlock attack will never leave any bodies behind at all (much like the enemy tribe in the movie The 13th Warrior, a town may not even know who it is raiding them for quite some time).

The morlock race is very xenophobic in general, the only other races they will consort with are medusas (they are blind and therefor immune to the medusa's stone glare), and the mind flayers (mind flayers feed on humanoid brains, leaving a constant supply of bodies for the grimlocks to feed on).

Fortunately (for humans at least), grimlocks are usually short lived. They have no sense of hygiene, and will eat rotting meat with no qualms. This usually means that most grimlock communities end up decimated by disease every few years (usually killing off most of the local grimlock population).

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> <----------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.