Everyone refers to the set of all people within a context frame. For example, if you are at a party speaking with a group of people and you say "so, is everyone coming back to my place?", everyone refers to the people who are listening. However, if you raise your voice and address the crowd, everyone refers to the entire crowd.

Everyone can also refer to a mythical average Joe, as in "But Ma, everyone does it!"

Here's an idea for a sister site to Everything... Everyone.

The idea is for everyone to be able to have a conversation with people that are logged on.

Everyone does this by recording phrases from previous conversations and recycling them.

Instead of voting for nodes like on Everything, the more common responses are more highly ranked, and thus more frequently used.

If the input phrase doesn't exist, Everyone just picks a random phrase from all phrases in the database, meaning that it should develop "conversation threads" more quickly.

--------

09/08/2005 I'm amazed this node still exists.

--------

08/09/2011 Meh. Looks like I invented Cleverbot three years too late.

Ev"er*y*one` (?), n. [OE. everychon.]

Everybody; -- commonly separated, every one.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.