A nice and simple packet sniffer that allows a user to see all network traffic thats in their local subnet. This means that they can view all the information that everyone around them is viewing on the internet. Ethereal is has a very easy to use GUI, and can save the info to a file, and runs in the GNOME desktop environment.

Ethereal by definition relates to vaporous,
heavenly,airy,delicate, or poetic things.

I like to think of the soft cotton wood seed pods
floating on lazy summer days as the stuff of the ethereal realm.
Who can not look at the Milkyway cluster on some cold,clear,dark night
and not understand theconcept.

Even the chemist distilling ethyl alcohol was drawn to define its product as such.

E*the"re*al (?), a.

1.

Pertaining to the hypothetical upper, purer air, or to the higher regions beyond the earth or beyond the atmosphere; celestial; as, ethereal space; ethereal regions.

Go, heavenly guest, ethereal messenger. Milton.

2.

Consisting of ether; hence, exceedingly light or airy; tenuous; spiritlike; characterized by extreme delicacy, as form, manner, thought, etc.

Vast chain of being, which from God began, Natures ethereal, human, angel, man. Pope.

3. Chem.

Pertaining to, derived from, or resembling, ether; as, ethereal salts.

Ethereal oil. Chem. See Essential oil, under Essential. -- Ethereal oil of wine Chem., a heavy, yellow, oily liquid consisting essentially of etherin, etherol, and ethyl sulphate. It is the oily residuum left after etherification. Called also heavy oil of wine (distinguished from oil of wine, or enanthic ether). -- Ethereal salt Chem., a salt of some organic radical as a base; an ester.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.