Daft Punk is an electronic music duo that consists of two European guys named Guy-Manuel De Homem Christo and Thomas Bangalter. They have two albums. Both on Virgin Records. The first is "Homework" that was released in 1997. The second, "Discovery", just came out on March 13, 2001. They met at school in Paris at age 14 back in 1987. Strangely enough they both claim to be influenced by The Beach Boys and Ramones. When they are not recording they can be seen in concert or spinning at raves. They are also famous for their music videos. They want people to focus on the music, so they often wear masks or they do videos in animation. There are very few current pictures of them. Many of their pictures are cartoon like drawings or baby photos. The drawings can also look very distorted or alien like.

"Homework" was at the top of all the electronic music charts when it came out, and it looks as though "Discovery" will follow, since "One More Time" is already at the top of all the dance music charts in the US, Canada, and all over Europe.

Daft Punk - Homework (1997 Virgin Records)

Daftendirekt
Wdpk 83.7 fm
Revolution 909
Da Funk
Phoenix
Fresh
Around the World
Rollin & Scratchin'
Teachers
High Fidelity
Rock 'n Roll
Oh Yeah
Burnin'
Indo Silver Club
Alive
Funk Ad

Daft Punk - Discovery (2001 Virgin Records)

One More Time
Aerodynamic
Digital Love
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Crescendolls
Nightvision
Superheroes
High Life
Something About Us
Voyager
Veridis Quo
Short Circuit
Face To Face
Too Long

On February 22, 2021 Daft Punk released Epilogue, marking the end of nearly 30 years of musical collaboration. The world of EDM will never be the same.

The 8-minute video ends with the vocal track of Touch (from Random Access Memories), a fitting quote for the end of the duo:

Hold on, if love is the answer, you're home

1993-2021

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.