Q:Whats the difference between the circus and the Rockettes?

A:Well, one is a cunning array of stunts.........

Forgive me, I couldn't resist actually telling the joke.....

Cunning Stunts is a collection of live footage recorded by Metallica on May 9 and 10, 1997 in Fort Worth Texas, USA. It was released for sale in 1998 in VHS and DVD formats on 2 tapes or discs. Music programs such as Rage showed small parts of the concerts during 1997.

The DVD release of Cunning Stunts provides far more than just the concert footage. Cunning Stunts is also a documentary on the making of the concert and also has interviews with the band. Perhaps the most innovative feature of the DVD set is the multiple angles for the songs 'Ain't My Bitch', 'For Whom the Bell Tolls', and 'Wherever I May Roam'. This feature lets the viewer switch between views of each band member, or all of them together in the traditional style.

On the first video tape or disc there is an easter egg. During 'One' as the band approaches the 5 minute mark Kirk Hammett begins his solo and there is a shot of him from down in the crowd, with the camera pointed up to him on the stage. A few seconds into this shot a fan holds up a poster of some sort, which seems to be black in the lighting (or lack thereof) on the crowd. If you advance frame by frame on this shot you will see the name 'Wayne Isham' imposed over the poster. This is the name of the director for Cunning Stunts.

Running Time: 140 Minutes (approximately)

Track Listing:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.