Codeine is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, being that codeine is a controlled substance, it is not available every time you might want a spoonful or two. I have known people who have scored this wonder drug through friend’s boyfriends, friends with prescriptions and I’ve gotten it via faking horrible coughs (last such a time found me watching CNN for two weeks straight and loving it).

So, as a public service announcement, I will now share a recipe that almost, but not quite, when taken as directed, approximates the feeling you'll get when taking codeine, the wonder drug. I don’t suggest you try this, as it may be dangerous to your particular physiology (as it may have been bad to my mine: I hear the combination will damage the liver) and because drugs are NOT cool and NOT glamorous, even though Absolutely Fabulous and popular music may tell you otherwise. I swear that this was discovered accidentally during a particularly bad cold.

1.Take one or two Sudafed tablets.
2.Wait about fifteen minutes.
3.Chug (meaning to drink really fast) two cans of beer.
4.Lay down on a bed or couch and wait for feelings of dreamy euphoria to set in.

Again, I do not advocate the recreational usage of prescription drugs, but this did work for me, and I’ve passed on this knowledge to others who’ve claimed similar results. Have fun.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.