Actually, cock rings can be found in many non-S&M situations. They restrict blood flow to the penis - hence blood that goes in to cause an erection does not flow out as easily. This results in a harder erection that lasts longer. They are often employed in situations where flacidity is less acceptable or may cause unpopularity, such as at an orgy.

Cock rings come in all sorts of materials, including leather, rubber, metal - I've even seen an impromptu surgical tubing cock ring. An important design consideration is size of cock ring and method of closure. Flexible materials like leather will often have snaps, buttons, or velcro that make it easy to adjust the size of the cock ring. Metal ones do not! This is important to remember because the size of the base of the penis is greater after one has achieved an erection. Let me spell out a painful and potentially embarassing series of events with non-resizable cock rings:

  1. Man puts on metal cockring when he's flacid.
  2. Man achieves powerful, earth-shaking erection.
  3. Man throws back head, beats chest and emits loud ululation.
  4. Time passes...
  5. The erection, perhaps having served its purpose(s), is no longer fun.
  6. The erection prolonging qualities of the cock ring keep the erection in effect.
  7. Man finds that base of penis, when erect, is too large to remove cock ring comfortably.
  8. Man experiences slight nervousness.
  9. Man applies lube.
  10. Man applies butter.
  11. Man applies ice.
  12. Man experiences outright terror
You can see where I'm going with this. The result might be waiting for flacidity to take its own good time. It might also be a frantic trip to the emergency room if the thing is just too small.

Personally, I'm comfortable with the fact that erections come and go naturally during sex - a soft dick isn't necessarily a sign that a man isn't aroused. Also, cock ring induced erections are unnaturally hard, as if you've overfilled a water balloon and it's straining to pop.

I just want all of you to know that I didn't really plan on doing this writeup. Mainly because the place doesn't have a real connection with me, but I stumbled upon the link and realized that there was no writeup about it. So, hey, why not right? I mean I am sure there are noders somewhere that might find it interesting. You gotta love Amsterdam!

Cockring is a gay club in Amsterdam. My friend and I stumbled upon it when we were on holiday last week because it is right near our hotel and, well it is pretty hard to miss if you are walking down the street.

Anyway, Jared, who is fabulously gay, was a little curious about the place at first, but once he read the summary of the it in our handy, little tourist guide, he opted against it. Apparently, he is not as dirty as I thought...Chuckle Chuckle...

Cockring is open seven days a week, 365 days a year. Open from 11 in the evening to 4 in the afternoon the next day, and until 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. The address is Warmoesstraat 96, Amsterdam, a three minute walk from Central Station. There is no cover charge, except when there are special parties. Prepare yourself for lots of leather, rubber, and supreme naughtiness all over!

So there you have it. Be warned, it is strictly for gay men only, no chicks allowed. Personally I have no problem with that whatsoever, 'cause even if I could get in, well it's just not my thing. But if it seems like your kind of thing, then go for it! I have heard from people who have gone there that as long as you are into all of that stuff, it's a great time. So go ahead all you beautiful gay men out there, go be naughty! Cheers! ;)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.