I remember a burning desire overtaking my body around the age of ten or eleven. It was hot, aching, arching, tingle that covered me and coated my insides. Every sensation was amplified. I would imagine CUTE BOY, and kissing , full-bodied kissing, pressure through clothing, scalp hot and crawling, like I might rip apart. What to do with this feeling!

This is where masturbation first began – tentative humping of lumps in the bed, and hand pressed into my underpants, eventual probing with a brush handle (how do you work this thing? What is this heat all about). At night I would make out with my pillow. I would French kiss my bear’s nose, the hard little plastic ball would smell like dried breath. I felt so exhilarated, secretive.

One Christmas Eve I had been in the bathroom, looking at myself with a hand mirror, using a brush handle to see if I could find this mysterious spot I had read about in Cosmo, when my mom knocked on the bathroom door and told me to hurry up. She hung around outside the door, wiggling the handle. I came out sheepishly. She sniffed the air and looked at me with disgust.

From my room I could hear her say to her boyfriend, “It smells like fuck in here. I should have a talk with her father.” I was mortified.

That night at the family Christmas party I could barely look at anyone. I knew they knew about me, particularly my father, who I hardly ever saw anyway. What was he thinking of me now, I wondered. I thought everyone was sneering at me. There was more than one uncomfortable silence when I would enter the room. No one ever said anything to me directly, but much was implied. I figured they were all wondering, “Who the hell would jack off on Christmas Eve! Don't you have any respect for Jesus!”

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.