A member of the Fatal Five.

Chi Tsan of Earth is the real name of the villain Caress. Unsatisfied with what could be gained with the wealth her family possessed, Chi Tsan took to a life of theft to get what she wanted. Having studied martial arts, Chi Tsan became a mercenary. She took a mission of the Khunds in exchange for having Khundian technology give her greater power. Increasing the strength in her arms and her ability to grip, the Khunds also mutated Chi Tsan's glandular system to give her an acid touch which was capable of burning through anything organic.

When the Emerald Empress was reforming the Fatal Five after the loss of Tharok and Validus, she approached Caress and offered her a place in the group. This put Caress in direct conflict with the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Ca*ress" (?), n. [F. caresse, It. carezza, LL. caritia dearness, fr. L. carus dear. See Charity.]

An act of endearment; any act or expression of affection; an embracing, or touching, with tenderness.

Wooed her with his soft caresses. Langfellow.

He exerted himself to win by indulgence and caresses the hearts of all who were under his command. Macaulay.

 

© Webster 1913.


Ca*ress", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Caressed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Caressing.] [F. caresser, fr. It. carezzare, fr. carezza caress. See Caress., n.]

To treat with tokens of fondness, affection, or kindness; to touch or speak to in a loving or endearing manner; to fondle.

The lady caresses the rough bloodhoun. Sir W. Scott.

Syn. -- To foundle; embrace; pet; coddle; court; flatter. -- Caress, Fondle. "We caress by words or actions; we fondle by actions only."

Crabb.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.