Episodes 44 and 44b of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. The original version, Brilliant Number One, first aired on September 26, 1997. The second version, Brilliant Number Two, first aired on December 14 of the same year. Both were written by Matt ("Matthew") Maiellaro, Michael Cahill, and Alan Laddie.

Guests: The guests on this episode were Peter Fonda (Ted Turner's (former) brother-in-law), and Buzz Aldrin (astronaut, one of the first men on the moon).

Notes: Both episodes are presented in letterbox-format and in black and white. A low droning noise that sounds like slowed-down feedback can be heard throughout each episode. In Number Two, the feedback is much lower, and is accompanied by a ticking clock and a ringing phone (which start at the beginning of the Aldrin interview). German industrial band Rammstein provided the songs "Heirate mich" and "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?" for both episodes. Selected works of Shakespeare were shown onscreen as subtitles in Number One. In Number Two, it is replaced by an altered version of Pablo Neruda's poem, "Walking Around." Many of the words of the poem have been replaced with synonyms, and the word "I" is replaced with "the tv show". The poem was altered by W.S. Merwin (not the poet).

Episode Premise: Definitely not your average episode. In fact, this is one the strangest things I have seen on television. Space Ghost has become paranoid over believing that his old enemies have come back to taunt him. For example, when Space Ghost falls down accidentally, he blames it on a villain called the Polisher, who "polishes things until they're slippery, and makes you fall and stuff." This case of paranoia drives Space Ghost nearly, yet calmly, insane. For example, he becomes hypnotized by the shiny floor and starts slapping himself in the face. When Peter Fonda finally appears on the monitor, Space Ghost (facing away) greets him, rather irritated. Soon, confusion arises over whether Peter has a booger in his nose, and then Peter asks an animator to draw pupils on Space Ghost's white eyes (which blinds him temporarily). More hilarity ensues when Zorak has the animator draw SG with big buttocks. For the rest of the interview, Space Ghost continues to act clumsy and paranoid, eventually blasting Peter, whom he believes is a villain called Confusatron. Now, it's Buzz's turn. Space Ghost gets the feeling that he's heard this all before, and that Buzz is somehow playing him for the fool. Buzz clearly has no idea what Space Ghost is talking about the entire time. Space Ghost then blasts him, thinking that he is (another) Confusatron. Moltar and Zorak finally yell at SG for ruining the interview. SG replies, "All those things were my own fault...or were they? Impostinators!" and with that, Moltar and Zorak leave, SG still raving.

Mayonnaise -- Boo Boo Kitty
Boatshow -- Telethon


source: http://www.snard.com/sg/guide/?ep=44&fmt=0 and http://www.snard.com/sg/guide/?ep=44b&fmt=0

Bril"liant (?), a. [F. brillant, p. pr. of briller to shine or sparkle (cf. Pr. & Sp. brillar, It. brillare), fr. L. beryllus a precious stone of sea-green color, Prov. It. brill. See Beryl.]

1.

Sparkling with luster; glittering; very bright; as, a brilliant star.

2.

Distinguished by qualities which excite admiration; splended; shining; as, brilliant talents.

Washington was more solicitous to avoid fatal mistakes than to perform brilliant exploits. Fisher Ames.

Syn. -- See Shining.

 

© Webster 1913.


Bril"liant, n. [F. brillant. See Brilliant, a.]

1.

A diamond or other gem of the finest cut, formed into faces and facets, so as to reflect and refract the light, by which it is rendered nore brilliant. It has at the middle, or top, a principal face, called the table, which is surrounded by a number of sloping facets forming a bizet; below, it has a small face or collet, parallel to the table, connected with the gridle by a pavilion of elongated facets. It is thus distinguished from the rose diamond, which is entirely covered with facets on the surface, and is flat below.

This snuffbox -- on the hinge see brilliants shine. Pope.

2. Print.

The small size of type used in England printing.

⇒ This line is printed in the type called Brilliant.

3.

A kind of kotton goods, figured on the weaving.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.