The best ones were around the roundball floor. When the boys were playing basketball, you could actually act as if you were going to get a snow-cone and surreptitously go underneath the bleachers. An opening between each seat would reveal actual panties. Oh my God! Panties. Could they have named them anything more delicious? White cotton panties on the girls you desired.

Well, actually the girls you desired the most were down there cheerleading, but you take what you can get.

Not so much fun with baseball, since they mostly wore shorts outside. And football: Forget about it. These were stone assbusting seats with no underneath playtime.

In baseball, they were permanent. In football, they were permanent. However, in basketball, they rolled back into the wall to be rolled out at gametime. There's some sort of great cotton panties / removable bleachers / roundball idea here, but I can't wrap my small brain around it right now.

Definition by Webster: "a usually uncovered stand of tiered planks providing seating for spectators".

That's the definition. And while you might think there's some cool story about how bleachers got to be called bleachers, it's really not all that cool. While the rows in the bleachers are constructed from aluminum nowadays, in the 19th century they were made out of wood, which was bleached by the hot sun beating down every day. In fact, that was the standard way to bleach wood - keep it under the sun for extended periods of time.

The first recorded use of the word "bleachers" is from the Chicago Tribune on May 6th, 1889: "The grand stand and bleachers were well filled with something over 2000 spectators."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.