Transforms from insect to robot and back!

INSECTICON: BARRAGE

FUNCTION: GUNNER
"Nothing left standing means nothing left to change."

Winning is not enough--this Insecticon's attack continues until the ground is scorched and leveled. Merciless, cruel...believes kindness only stirs hope among the vanquished. Disliked by fellow Decepticons. In insect mode, can shoot non-stop explosive charges from gun mounts, high energy photons from antenna. Flies 15 mph with 400 mile range. Has powerful sonic rifle in robot mode.

  • Strength: 3
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 9
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


Barrage was some kind of beetle, that much was clear. The giant reindeer horn on his nose looked cool, but didn't hide the fact that the insect looked, well... obese. This combined with his no-cartoon status (he and the other "deluxe Insecticons" were all Bandai-made and suffered the same fate as Jetfire) to make him one of the least-demanded Decepticons of all time.

A barrage refers to any sort of tiebreaking fencing match held because of equal standing or scores.

In a 5 touch bout, if the scores are equal after 4 minutes of fencing, a one minute barrage will usually be held after determining priority.

In a 15 touch bout, if the scores are equal after all three periods of fencing, a one minute barrage will usually be held after determining priority.

A barrage to determine 3rd place in a direct elimination bracket may be held in the form of a 15 touch bout or a 5 touch bout.

A barrage to determine seeding in case of equal rankings coming out of a pool round is usually in the form of a 5 touch bout or by random chance.

A barrage is also a coordinated artillery tactic in which the fire of a number of guns is sequenced so as to create a continuous bombardment of a target area. The origin of the phrase dates from only a few years past Webby; in 1916 the French phrase tir de barrage ("barrier fire") was coined to describe this use of artillery. Originally, these bombardment areas were intended to serve as a barrier (barrage) to enemy movement; later, the term came to mean any continuous bombardment. Various types of barrage, including continuous barrage, the creeping barrage and the lifting barrage were used in World War I in various attempts to break the trench warfare stalemate.

Bar"rage (?), n. [F., fr. barrer to bar, from barre bar.] Engin.

An artificial bar or obstruction placed in a river or water course to increase the depth of water; as, the barrages of the Nile.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.