(Sanskrit, Hinduism: Vaishnavite Theology)

In the theological system proposed by the six Goswamis, there is the concept of achintya-bhedabheda-tattva, or a position of differentiation, within non-differentiation. Unlike the Vedanta goal of moksha, or union with God, the living entity (jiva) is seen as real and separate from, while yet maintaining a sameness with, the Absolute. The goal of moksha was systematically devalued, for as Rupa Goswami postulated, how could one have a relationship with Krishna if individuality were given up? The goal is not to lose individual being, but rather to overcome the ignorance that keeps us from realising who we truly are. The aim of the transformation of identity (as opposed to the Vedantin identification with the non-differentiated One) is a major difference between bhakti and Vedantic Hinduism. In order to become an intimate character in the eternal Vraja-lila, absorption into the Absolute, as a theological postualtion, is eschewed, and an eternal emotional relationship with Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is instead pursued.

Also the full name of the song Tattva by the group Kula Shaker, on their debut album, K.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.