I'm not a vegetarian but I have to say that these hot dog-like products from Yves Veggie Cuisine are great. I think they taste better than hot dogs made with meat byproducts. The Hot and Spicy variety are the best.

They can be steamed, boiled, microwaved, or barbecued. If cooked on the barbecue the weiners should be lightly brushed with oil first. The package does suggest that steaming gives the best results.

Also on the web at www.yvesveggie.com. The soy used to make the veggie dogs is not genetically modifed.

Veggie Dogs are meat free sausages.

Made by Yves Veggiecuisine, these weenies are quite similar to the Real Thing. Same texture, same taste. Once I tasted Veggie Dogs, I had to ask myself why the hell I ever ate standard sausages.

Meat sausages are basically what happen when you put a pig in a blender and stuff another pig’s small intestine with it. To me, this is just gross.

Tofu sausages are made of this: water, non-GMO soy protein, vital wheat gluten, yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, evaporated cane juice, spices, carrageenan, beet root powder, natural liquid smoke, wheat germ, vitamin B1, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, iron oxide, iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium.

Yeah, I know, it’s a pretty scary list of stuff but at least, it’s not a mashed hog.

It seems all good but there is one problem, 8 weenies…12 buns…enough said.

I would still recommend it to any fast food lovers out there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.