Okay, you've made it through the Domination, Deathmatch, Assault & CTF levels. You've beaten the first three Final Challenge levels and now it's time to fight Xan. Should you be having some trouble at this point, here is some help.

When the level starts grab the rocket launcher or the flak cannon and run to the horseshoe shaped passage, picking up the health vials and the shield belt. Just outside the horseshoe passage there is a another passage going down, grab the armor at the bottom of it. After that, when Xan comes near you, run backwards, shooting either grenades or flak shells at him. Make sure not to run out of health or ammo (if you get low, make a run for more.) The most important thing to remember, is to keep grabbing the shield belt and armor, as if he gets both, it's incredibly hard to kill him. Oh, and try not to fall off into space too often.

The biggest tip I can give for beating Xan is the following: do not let him have the shieldbelt under any circumstances. Sacrifice a life if you have to, if it will lure him away from the belt. If he gets it, expect to get fragged at least three times while you wear it away, and that's if you're lucky and he doesn't get a refill on it.

The only other advice I can give is Xan's weakness: the BioRifle. A fully-charged wad will instantly paste him to the floor, even if he's at max health and armor with the shieldbelt. Naturally, of course, this is also a very dangerous situation for you, but there's nothing for that. Just be careful: you'll only get one shot at this, because if you miss he'll have already switched to his Flak cannon, and will be in prime position to turn you into a fine red mist.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.