A suprisingly mature and interesting community of webforums at http://www.xforums.net

Known for how quickly they go off-topic (sometimes as soon as the first reply) and the really strange group of people who has gathered there. There are psychotic accountants from Boston, University students from all over the US and Canada, a bunch of artists of various breeds, a couple of hardcore geeks, some international posters, and a suprisingly laid back atmosphere. The only rules that much attention is paid to are the ones concerning correct use of the english language and the ban on prejudice and bigotry. Other than that, almost everything is fair game.


X-Forums is also the host to the forums for the webcomics Something Positive, Queen of Wands and Psychic Dyslexia Institute.
Unfortunately, since the forum software went without any updates for four years, some script kiddie knocked the whole thing down one day. The admins put it back up with the exact same software; predictably enough, the script kiddie came back and knocked it down again.

We amused ourselves for a while by getting hold of his name, age, home address, hobbies and eighth-grade spelling bee photo, and I gather someone spoke to his mother, but the forum was already gone.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.