Slang term for a piece of folded paper used to hold one form or another of powdered drugs.

The paper is normally folded in such a way as to ensure that none of the powder contained within will fall out.

Start with a square of paper around 3 inches in length. Fold diagonally, fold the two corners along the initial fold in on each other such that they overlap evenly. This should form a rectangular shape at the bottom with the top corner of the triangle above it. Fold the top corner over this rectangle, leaving just a small triangle sticking out. You now have an envelope shape. Take the overlapping top corner, folding it in half, placing the top of the corner into the folds formed by the overlapping first two corners. Flatten and tighten.

The end result is a small rectangle that should not fall apart easily.

At least, that's how I'm told it's done.

A rolled sandwich made by spreading ingredients on a tortilla or similar flatbread, then rolling it as if it were a sushi roll or a jelly roll.

Wraps are often cut into two pieces for presentation; like other sandwiches, they often contain a dressing and cheese and/or meat. Their form, however, allows for more shredded vegetables and other loose ingredients that would simply fall out of a traditional, parallel-planes sandwich.

Comprised of leather or Irish Linen, the wrap is used to keep your hand cool and dry while providing a non-slip surface between your hand and the butt of the pool cue.

See Anatomy of a pool cue

Wrapv. computer geekspeak:

To "wrap" functions, or objects, or any code snippets from language A in (or to) language B, is to provide some sort of B-interface you can use when programming in B, and have the A-code run (compiled, interpreted, whatever) underneath. The image is that you've got a whole lot of stuff going on in A, but the "wrapping" makes it all look like a bit of B. Some programming languages have evolved this almost to the level of symbiosis; write your python application internals in C++ for efficiency, but wrap them, easily, by just writing on top the appropriate (C++) data structures that are the flesh of python. Then use them as any other python objects. The superficially similar syntax means you could be writing a similar statement (e.g. a method call to some class instance) in both languages, to do the same thing, with the same code.

With compiled languages, you can sometimes just have compiled code coexist, in separate, fully functional "unwrapped" object files. Fortrash and C manage this, somehow.

Wrap (?), v. t. [A corrupt spelling of rap.]

To snatch up; transport; -- chiefly used in the p. p. wrapt.

Lo! where the stripling, wrapt in wonder, roves. Beattie.

 

© Webster 1913.


Wrap, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Wrapped (?) or Wrapt; p. pr. & vb. n. Wrapping.] [OE. wrappen, probably akin to E. warp. 144. Cf. Warp.]

1.

To wind or fold together; to arrange in folds.

Then cometh Simon Peter, . . . and seeth . . . the napkin that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. John xx. 6, 7.

Like one that wraps the drapery of his couch About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams. Bryant.

2.

To cover by winding or folding; to envelop completely; to involve; to infold; -- often with up.

I . . . wrapt in mist Of midnight vapor, glide obscure. Milton.

3.

To conceal by enveloping or infolding; to hide; hence, to involve, as an effect or consequence; to be followed by.

Wise poets that wrap truth in tales. Carew.

To be wrapped up in, to be wholly engrossed in; to be entirely dependent on; to be covered with.

Leontine's young wife, in whom all his happiness was wrapped up, died in a few days after the death of her daughter. Addison.

Things reflected on in gross and transiently . . . are thought to be wrapped up in impenetrable obscurity. Locke.

 

© Webster 1913.


Wrap, n.

A wrapper; -- often used in the plural for blankets, furs, shawls, etc., used in riding or traveling.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.