Insanely addictive Chinese confection with the consistency of a soft Tootsie Roll and a taste similar to vanilla frosting, or maybe real whipped cream. Ingredients: cane sugar, water, glucose, butter and milk. Available at Asian markets such as 99 Ranch and Yaohan.

Dear Quizro gave a great concise writeup on the subject, but he left out the best part of these Asian delicacies. White Rabbit candies come with two wrappers. The first is your standard wax paper, printed with logos and ideograms and such. The second, underneath the first, is clear rice paper. It's edible. And, strangely, the taste of the rice paper mixes beautifully with the sweet vanilla-ish taste of the candy roll itself.

When I was younger, I'd often place a White Rabbit on my tongue, letting the rice paper slowly dissolve with my saliva. The paper residue would slide around on my tongue, all slimy. A great joy to a seven-year-old boy.

And, don't say we didn't warn you - I swear, the manufacturers distill the psychological addictiveness of a jumbo bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos into pure form and add it to each candy. I've tore through cases of the stuff and been left shivering and wanting.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.