Early in the 1970s a top secret military research laboratory implanted advanced cybernetic technology into a troop of capuchin monkeys. The Army trained these "assault monkeys" in covert operations and special forces tactics. The troop operated with great success in Cambodia during the latter stages of the Vietnam War.

Their black ops missions were an unqualified success. When they were rotated home during the latter days of the Vietnam War, however, it was not obvious to the Army what to do with them. Unfortunately their commanders, while sound tacticians, were untrained in the political intrigues of the Washington Beltway.

The troop was reassigned to service in the California National Guard, and late one night they were called out to help quell a disturbance at a Industry City produce plant. However, the mission was a setup. The monkeys were discovered by the news media, caught red-handed, apparently loading a stolen Peterbilt tractor-trailer rig with bananas.

The troop was tried in military court, and sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit. The capuchins promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Ape-Team!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.