Miss Marks: Oh, Michael, this can't work! I'm 34 and you're 12!
Michael James: Don't be negative!

The node title is also the title for a 1965 Woody Allen sex-comedy starring Peter Sellers, Peter O'Toole, Romy Schneider, Ursula Andress, Capucine and many more. The film is the source for the song above, a fact many people don't realize, as the song from the Burt Bacharach score is better known than the movie. Being a comedy typical of it's time, it features only a minimum of plot, letting character interaction and a lot of running about take up most of the time. That said, I find it hilarious, but it may not be your cup of tea.

Michael James: As a man's life goes down the drain, you are there.

Michael James (O'Toole) he a problem: He is in love with his beautiful fiancée Carole (Schneider), but has trouble being faithful, unable to refuse any woman that falls form him (in effect, all of them). So finally, he decides to solicit help and goes to a psychoanalyst Dr. Fassbender (Sellers). But Fassbender is in a similar situation himself, an even bigger sex-fiend, constantly courting his female patients even though he is married.

Don't hurt her! She's a close personal friend of James Bond!
Dr. Fassbender to his wife when she caught him messing with former Bond Girl Ursula Andress.

Allen plays James's best friend Victor, who also loves Carole, and therefore tries to kill James. While not devising plots, he works in a strip club (The famous Crazy Horse) helping the models dress and undress for 20 $ - because he couldn't pay more... Now add a lot of characters trying to avoid/meet each other in one big location (in this case a hotel) and a lot of running about, and the plot is complete.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.