Victor Pelevin is a Russian postmodernist author. His books revolve around the world of post-Soviet Russia. He uses a variety of extremely strange narrative techniques to paint even stranger literary canvases.

His books include:

I think that covers just about all. He also wrote a short story, Buben Verkhnego Mira (The Tambourine of the Upper World), that was used as the basis for a concept album by the Russian band Va-Bank.

Pelevin was born in 1962 in Moscow and remains alive to this day.

The Russian Writers' Union considers him to be a "cancerous tumor on literature."

Victor Pelevin appeared around the time when Soviet Union was being dissolved. He is apparently a Zen Buddhist. Some additional books published in English are:

  • The Blue Lantern: collection of short stories, which are good introduction to his style. The story titled The Life and Adventures of Shed Number XII is told from the point of view of a storage shed, which is typical of Pelevin's technique; he has written many stories from the non human point of view.
  • Buddha's Little Finger: Buddhist metaphysics in the chaos that is Russia.
  • A Werewolf Problem in Central Russia and Other Stories: The story Prince of Gosplan mixes reality with the virtuality of computer games.
  • The Helmet of Horror: The Myth of Theseus and the Minotaur

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.