An over the counter preparation for chest colds.

Also a party favour for candy ravers.
A wonderful, wonderful thing to bless another with. One good delivery form is a mask liberally coated. Some people smear small amounts around their nostrils, but that's somewhat gross. The absolute best way to share this joy is to place a small amount on your hand and place it near someone's eyes. Blow gently, and watch them feel love. If you have this at a rave, share with everyone - it's a great way to make friends and cheer people up.

Apparently, some people put this to use for sexual purposes. How strange - I mean, yeah, it works, but I never would have thought of it. Heh. Thanks, L.

In my experience, the best form of Vicks administration is use of the Vicks inhaler, which gives all the benefits of of the VapoRub without any of the nasty effects of smearing it on one's face or covering your face with a mask all night.

Sometime in 1890, the Vick's family moved to Greensboro, NC. They purchased the Richardson and Farris Drugstore located on South Elm Street.

At that time, Greensboro was rather small and mainly a market center. The drugstore was frequented by farmers who raised their own food and had exceedingly small incomes. Consequently, they rarely sought out medical assistance for simple ailments.

The Vick's family developed many home remedies, 21 in all, over the years to satisfy the needs of their rural patrons. The most popular of which became the foundation for the Vick's empire.

Menthol, a little-known drug imported from Japan, was incorporated into an ointment that when rubbed on the chest would evaporate from body heat, permitting the soothing, medicated vapors to be inhaled.

VapoRub was popularized as a treatment for "croupy babies", those with difficulty in breathing and a hoarse cough. It was perfect since the medication was not internal and would not cause stomach upset.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.