Character from Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT. Prince of Vejitasei (Planet Vegeta), he came down to earth to kill its inhabitants, then sell the planet to some other aliens. Goku managed to turn him into an ally, although he remains evil. He's constantly obsessed with defeating Goku. He marries Bulma, and has two kids, Bra and Trunks.

If you're looking at pictures, he's the short one with a receding hairline, long widow's peak, and hair that stands straight up.

Fanboys like him because he's badass, fangirls like him because he's an intelligent, evil hottie.

Popular spellings of his name include: Beji-ta, Vejita, Vejiita, Beijita, Beijiita, Vegeta, Vegeeta, Vegita, and just about anything else you can think of.

The all purpose seasoning! Vegeta gourmet seasoning and soup mix is produced by Podravka d.d., a company based in Croatia.

Ingredients:
Salt, dehydrated vegetables (carrot, parsnip, onions, celery, parsely leaves), monosodium glutamate, sugar, cornstarch, spices, disodium inosinate, riboflavin (for coloring).
History of Vegeta:
  • 1958 - Vegeta was invented by a team of experts led by Prof. Zlata Bartl at Podravka d.d.

  • 1959 - Vegeta was shipped for the first time under the name of Vegeta 40. Since then it was easily recognisable by its sinister-looking chef sporting a handlebar mustache.

  • 1967 - Vegeta 40 was sold internationally for the first time at Hungary and USSR.

  • 1971 - Vegeta 40 was renamed as Vegeta.

  • 2000 - Two new Vegeta factories were opened in Koprivnica, Croatia, and Poland. Currently sold in over 30 countries.
The maker's website(http://www.podravka.com/en/) lists 99 recipes for dishes that use Vegeta. Vegeta is roughly US $4.50 when imported for a salt-shaker sized package.

According to Prof. Bartl and her associates, the name Vegeta was derived from the words vitamins, glutamate, and taste.

Croatian lexicographer Bratoljub Klaic mistakenly guessed that Vegeta was derived from the Latin adjective vegetus, which means healthy, vigorous, and sturdy. Perhaps that word origin is better suited for the DragonBall character Vegeta.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.