This is an alcoholic drink made by mixing a shot of raspberry schnapps with a glass of sparkling wine. Mostly, teenage girls who want to get drunk but don't like the taste of alcohol seem to enjoy this beverage. It's sort of a home-made cooler.

I had never heard of it when I was young, but I bet teenage girls have been making them for years, and only started calling them Vampire Slayers after the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer became successful. The name could last longer than the show. We still call the children's drink a Shirley Temple or a Roy Rogers, even though kids today don't know who those people are.

It's not suprising that Joss Whedon's popular TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, should give its name to at least two different beverages. Drinking (of blood) forms an integral part of the vampiristic lifestyle. The words "vampire" and "slayer" can both evoke something seductive yet dangerous, like, say, Sarah Michelle Gellar's fictional alter ego or alcohol itself-- and a drink which contains greater potency than we suspect is, of course, spiked.

The following concoction can be ordered where liquor laws permit or made in the safety of your home:

1.0 shot cognac
1.0 shot rum
1.0 shot scotch
2.0 shots Southern Comfort
1.0 shot jagermeister

Coloured with grenadine, this drink is also called a Vampire Slayer. Smaller portions can be given and poured into a test tube, if you prefer a shooter. Needless to say, this version of the Slayer packs a considerable punch.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.