Follows an interaction I had with our HR manager:

From: HR
To: Office
Subject: Vacation

Hi All,

(Company) is facing these days some important business opportunities that will support its location in the market.
We all are interested to support (company) in promoting those opportunities and are committed to (company)'s success.
Your dedication to achieve those goals is (company) strength.
The next weeks will require us to higher work-load in order to take advantage of those opportunities.

We know that many of you plan their vacations towards the holidays.

Pls follow the below directions in planning your vacation:

1. After consulting with your direct manager, pls. send an email with the request specifying the specific dates of the requested vacation to your direct manager/ team leader and VP with cc to me.
2. The VP will send you the approval by mail.
3. Planned vacations longer than 3 days need to be approved at least a month ahead in order to be able to prepare coordinately. (mistake in original)
4. The above does not include, of course, the Jewish holidays which are the following:
the following days are off....

Have a nice & cool summer,
(name withheld)

Now this pissed me off a bit, because we’re a pretty loyal department and working for a start-up isn’t a 9 to 5 job to begin with. So:

From: Geez
To: HR
Subject: Re:Vacation

Hi (HR manager name),

I am facing these days some important personal opportunities that will affect the course my life takes.
(company) is interested in supporting me in developing and is committed to my welfare.
Your loyalty to me gives me strength.
The next weeks will require a higher "home-load" in order to take advantage of those opportunities.

I know you have some hard work planned for me in the near future.

Pls follow the following directions when expecting me to stay extra time or come to work on weekends:

1) After consulting a good friend of mine, please send an email with the request specifying the specific dates of the requested overtime to my good friend / flat mate and significant other, with a cc to me.
2) My significant other will send you approval by mail.
3) Planned overtime of more than 2 hours needs to be approved at least a month ahead in order to be able to prepare accordingly.
4) The above didn't even start discussing Jewish holidays and weekends.

Have a nice & profitable summer,
Geez

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.