One of the evil robot Mavericks from the Mega Man X video game series from Capcom. Vile was once a great Reploid patrolman and a member of X's police force, but when influenced by Sigma he went Maverick and vowed to destroy X.

The first time Vile encountered X after turning Maverick was in the prologue stage of the first Mega Man X game. Vile rode around in his invincible mech and was just about to deliver the death blow when Zero raced in and blew the mech's arm off. Vile retreated to his airship, but in a later clash in the same game X managed to destroy the mech. Vile once again prepared to deal the final blow to X, but Zero jumped onto his back and initiated an overload, blowing both himself and Vile to bits.

Just prior to Mega Man X3 the Maverick scientist Dr. Doppler rebuilt Vile with the intentions of putting him to work for a greater cause. Instead the renegate Reploid vowed revenge on X. He lured X to an abandoned factory and, from behind the controls of a new mech, handed out some big-time punishment. In the end he was destoyed once again by X.

Vile (?), a. [Comp. Viler (?); superl. Vilest.] [OE. vil, F. vil, from L. vilis cheap, worthless, vile, base.]

1.

Low; base; worthless; mean; despicable.

A poor man in vile raiment. James ii. 2.

The craft either of fishing, which was Peter's, or of making tents, which was Paul's, were [was] more vile than the science of physic. Ridley.

The inhabitants account gold but as a vile thing. Abp. Abbot.

2.

Morally base or impure; depraved by sin; hateful; in the sight of God and men; sinful; wicked; bad.

"Such vile base practices."

Shak.

Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee ? Job xl. 4.

Syn. -- See Base.

-- Vile"ly, adv. -- Vile"ness, n.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.