If you want to change the color of your urine, eat the following foods:

red: beets, blackberries, red food coloring
yellow-brown: carrots, B-complex vitamins
deep yellow: vitamin C
blue-green: methylene blue

Note that to get this coloration, you have to basically eat nothing but the foods required for the desired color.

If one's urine is abnormally yellow, it usally means one need to drink more water. This is based on the idea of osmosis whereby if your body has too much water, it tends to leave your cells, thus diluting urine. If there is not enough water, your cells suck up water, thus making the urine stronger, deepening it's color.

If it is brown or red, it usally means that it contains blood. THIS IS NOT GOOD. you should see a doctor right away. This can be a sign of serious kidney problems.

U"rine (?), n. [F. urine, L. urina; akin to urinari to plunge under water, to dive, Gr. urine; cf. Skr. var water, Icel. r drizzling rain, AS. waer the sea.] Physiol.

In mammals, a fluid excretion from the kidneys; in birds and reptiles, a solid or semisolid excretion.

In man, the urine is a clear, transparent fluid of an amber color and peculiar odor, with an average density of 1.02. The average amount excreted in 24 hours is from 40 to 60 ounces (about 1,200 cubic centimeters). Chemically, the urine is mainly an aqueous solution of urea, salt (sodium chloride), and uric acid, together with some hippuric acid and peculiar pigments. It usually has an acid reaction, owing to the presence of acid phosphates of soda or free uric acid. Normally, it contains about 960 parts of water to 40 parts of solid matter, and the daily average excretion is 35 grams (540 grains) of urea, 0.75 gram (11 grains) of uric acid, and 16.5 grams (260 grains) of salt. Abnormally, it may contain sugar as in diabetes, albumen as in Bright's disease, bile pigments as in jaundice, or abnormal quantities of some one or more of the normal constituents.

 

© Webster 1913.


U"rine, v. i.

To urinate.

[Obs.]

Bacon.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.