The separate University of Minnesota campus located in Duluth, MN.

First the facts:

Size: 247 acres
Undergrads: 8,000
Graduates: 550
Student to Faculty Ratio: 20:1
Mascot: Bulldog

Although there isn't anything bad nor outstanding about the education at UMD (it is about as average as you can get), those who choose to attend usually don't attend because of education, but rather the atmosphere. You haven't lived until you have seen the beautiful Lake Superior from atop a surrounding hill or the multitude of trees changing colors in the fall. Nature lovers are in heaven. Secondly, Duluth is really a medium-sized city with a big-city atmosphere. Driving downtown makes you feel like you are in the Twin Cities until you realize there isn't all the traffic.

One exremely nice thing about the university is the concourse system. That is, that those living in the residence halls never have to step outside to get to any building on campus. Many high-schoolers looking at colleges are turned off by the idea of having to live with the winter weather, when in fact if you don't want to deal with it, you really don't have to.

If you are a high-schooler looking at colleges and want some questions answered about UMD, just shoot me a /msg!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.