Lets not forget that in the city of Auburn Washington it is illegal for a man to deflower a virgin; regardless of age or marital status. Period.

North Carolina also illegalizes orgies, which it defines as 7 people in a closed room with their feet off of the ground. Similar laws exist in many Southern States.

Actually, the identical thing happened in Georgia. A police officer attempted to arrest a Mr. Hardwick for whom they had a warrant for a traffic offense when the officer broke into his home and found him in in flagrante delicto with another man in bed. He was also arrested for violating Georgia's anti-sodomy law. The charges were dropped, but apparently he was upset over the matter and sued claiming the law violated his right to privacy and as such the law was unconstitutional. The U.S. Supreme Court, in the case of Bowers v. Hardwick 478 U.S. 186 (1986)*, ruled that the law was constitutional and that even in private, homosexual sodomy could be prosecuted.

Ironically, three years later, in Powell v. Georgia S98A0755, 270 Ga. 327, 510 S.E. 2d 18 (Nov. 23, 1998)* the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia would rule that the law making consentual sodomy in private was unconstitutional in violation of the State Constitution's protection of the right to privacy.

Also, the City Council of the District of Columbia repealed the Sodomy laws more than five years ago. Congress was too busy with something else and never objected, so the laws were repealed after more than 200 years on the books.

See also: Sex-related Court Cases


* Click here to understand what those numbers mean

Until the late 1980s, necrophilia (sex with corpses) was not illegal in Iowa:

a 20 year old 'man' broke into a funeral home and had his way with the 'residents'. he was caught, but the police were shocked when they realized they could only charge him with breaking and entering and vandalism. An anti-necrophilia law was passed very shortly thereafter.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.