We talked to each other between classes in the hallway. When we saw each other from a distance, there were knowing smiles and flirtatious looks. This soon passed to touching, brushing by each other with just enough pressure to feel the skin beneath our clothing, for me to tell how many layers she was wearing.

She was not my girlfriend.

My girlfriend had graduated the year before. She was my best friend, my favorite person in the world. Sex with her was, however, getting a bit stale. This new girl was friendly, very friendly, and very sexy, especially in the knowing looks she shot at me from across the room. I let things escalate. Finally, we arranged to meet, late at night, at her grandparents' house where she was housesitting.

A tryst! At last! This was one of my fantasies- a secret and semi-taboo meeting with definite sexual tension, and the possibility of relief. We made the arrangements on Saturday for Tuesday night. I was tingly with anticipation.

When I got there she played it coy. We sat on her grandparents' couch and watched a movie. Then we started talking. I rolled a joint, and asked if she wanted to smoke. She said no, but she didn't care if I did. We went outside and sat on the porch swing. We rocked, I smoked, we talked.

I had been feeling nervous, but the marijuana helped calm me down. A bit of herbal courage, if you will. I leaned in for a kiss, and she moved away.

"You have a girlfriend."

Crushed. "Just one kiss?" Pathetic.

"One."

Ecstatic!

I leaned in again, and she parted her lips. I tasted her, sweet and wet and soft. Our tongues met. Her arms came around me. I put my hands in her hair. We kissed, hard and slow, enjoying.

As we parted, we both breathed heavily. Her blonde hair was a bit mussed, and her cheeks were flushed.

She looked at me, her green eyes glinting, and she smiled. "Wow," she said, "that was definitely a kiss."

I smiled back, and leaned in again. She pulled back, her smile widening, and she put her hands on my chest.

"I said one."

Tryst (?), n. [OE. trist, tryst, a variant of trust; cf. Icel. treysta to make trusty, fr. traust confidence, security. See Trust, n.]

1.

Trust.

[Obs.]

2.

An appointment to meet; also, an appointed place or time of meeting; as, to keep tryst; to break tryst.

[Scot. or Poetic]

To bide tryst, to wait, at the appointed time, for one with whom a tryst or engagement is made; to keep an engagement or appointment.

The tenderest-hearted maid That ever bided tryst at village stile. Tennyson.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tryst, v. t. [OE. tristen, trysten. See Tryst, n.]

1.

To trust.

[Obs.]

2.

To agree with to meet at a certain place; to make an appointment with.

[Scot.]

Burns.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tryst, v. i.

To mutually agree to meet at a certain place.

[Scot.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.