On January 20th, 2017, the day of Donald Trump's inauguration as the 45th President of the United States, all references to climate change were famously deleted from the White House website. Beyond that, a number of other "issue" pages were also simply not accessible anymore:

  • www.whitehouse.gov/energy
  • Refers to efforts to support clean energy and tackle climate change.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform
  • Refers to the Affordable Care Act (ACA, commonly known as Obamacare) and the administration's health care programs.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/lgbt
  • Refers to protecting the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/nativeamericans
  • Refers to initiatives for engaging with, and supporting Native Americans and their communities.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/economy/buffett-rule
  • Refers to the Buffet Rule, which has the goal that no household with an income higher than $1 million should pay a smaller share in taxes than middle class families, and that no household with an income below $250,000 should see their tax share increase.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/issues/civil-rights
  • Refers to efforts to strengthen civil rights and protect against discrimination.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/issues/seniors-and-social-security
  • Refers to financial aid for retirees, people with disabilities and family members of deceased workers.

  • www.whitehouse.gov/issues/veterans
  • Refers to measures to support veterans and their families.

    Note that these pages were not merely changed - a move the transition team could have easily prepared for. Unlike other pages, the ones listed here were deleted altogether and with no replacement, thus more or less officially removing the according issues from the White House agenda for the time being.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.