This sci-fi/action movie was released in 1985. It was directed by Charles Band and written by Danny Bilson and Paul De Meo. The cast included Tim Thomerson as Jack Deth, Helen Hunt as Leena, Michael Stefani as Martin Whistler, Art LaFleur as McNulty, Telma Hopkins as Engineer Raines, Richard Herd as Chairman Spencer, and Anny Seymour as Chairman Ashe.

Jack Deth is back... And he's never been here before!

The year is 2247 and Jack Deth is a cop in Angel City, what used to be Los Angeles. Jack and the police force have managed to foil a plan by Martin Whistler to take over the city. Whistler was thought dead, but escaped back in time to 1985. Whistler is a powerful psychic that has the ability to 'trance' people and make them his zombie-slaves. Whistler's plan is to kill the ancestors of the City Council, so they can no longer stand in his way of taking over the city. Deth finds his hideout and follows Whistler back in time. When they travel back in time they assume control of one of their ancestors. Whistler's ancestor is a police detective and he starts trancing people to help accomplish his evil plan. Deth must stop Whistler from killing Hap Ashby, a former baseball pitcher. Deth gets some help from a punk rock girl named Leena.

Great B movie. It has been a long time since I've seen this movie. Definitely worth a rental if you are into 80s B sci-fi movies and can find it. It spawned a bunch of followups Transers II, Trancers III, Trancers 4: Jack of Swords, and Trancers 5: Sudden Deth. Helen Hunt is only in the first three.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.