In the 1940's, Harbor Drive was constructed along the Willamette River in Portland, Oregon. When the Marquam Bridge was constructed, Harbor Drive was no longer necessary. In 1968, Oregon governer Tom McCall created the Harbor Drive Task Force to study plans for creating an open space where Harbor Drive was. Six years later, Harbor Drive was torn up and Tom McCall Waterfront Park was built.

The Park stretches 22 blocks, from SW Clay to the Steel Bridge. It consists of a great deal of open grass, some nice flowers, Salmon Street Springs, and the Battleship Oregon Memorial. The waterfront is used for concerts and festivals, the most common of which are The Bite, the Blues Festival, and the Rose Festival Fun Center.

Log in or registerto write something here or to contact authors.