A simple and uniquely American origami trick that can be done with a single dollar bill.
  1. Lay out the bill flat, with the front side facing you. The bill has these words printed on it, in roughly this layout:

     THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

        This note is legal tender
    for all debts, public and private


  2. Fold the right side of the bill backwards between the E and the S in "States".

     THE UNITED STATE

        This note is legal tender
    for all debts, public and private


  3. Fold the right side of the bill forwards between the first S and T in "States". This will make the previous fold lie on the bill so that it just covers the ED that ends "United". Pull up the edge of the fold so that the word "private" is visible- while the edge is vertical, the right half of the word is covered. The fold should start right underneath the S, so that it still lies flat on the same line as the T, and go diagonally across the bill to the crease.

     THE UNITS OF AMERICA

        This note is legal tender
    for all debts, public and private


  4. Fold the left side of the bill backwards between the T and the H of "The".

      HE UNITS OF AMERICA

           s note is legal tender
            debts, public and private


  5. Fold the left side of the bill forwards at the left edge of the E in "The". This will make the previous fold cover up " UN" and line up its edge with the I and the beginning of the word "and", obscuring the preceding text of the payment obligation on both lines.

          TITS OF AMERICA

                           tender
                          and private


  6. Go forth and amuse young boys and/or adults under the influence of various substances.

I've been advised to make a few notes as to the history of this trick and my research of it. The dollar bill - more technically, the $1 Federal Reserve Note - using the design that makes it possible was introduced in 1963 and has remained essentially unchanged since then; it appears to be the determining factor in the trick's age since the prurient meaning of the word tit dates from "the early 20th century". Knowledge of it appears quite widespread among the youth and on the internet. In truth, my primary source for this is my own depraved mind, which after passing through elementary school decided to place this instead of lists of U.S. Presidents and state capitals into long-term memory.

Sources:
http://www.treas.gov/topics/currency/
http://www.currencygallery.org/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.