*These are the days of miracle and wonder.
This is the long distance call.
The way the camera follows us in slow-mo.
The way we look to us all.

She could feel the miracle and the wonder rising up inside her. She wanted to unleash it, hang on for dear life and go for that ride. It struck her that if ever there was a chance it was now and she wanted to join that new sky dance.

*The way we look to a distant constellation
That is dying in a corner of the sky.
These are the days of miracle and wonder
And don't cry, baby
Don't cry.
Don't cry.

The tears flowed freely. Splashing down flushed cheeks mingled with raindrops. Cathartic, in the best sense of that word. All the frantic aching of her fears slid down into the city street and collected in puddles round her feet.

**She said, "losing love is like a window in your heart.
Everybody sees your're blown apart.
Eveybody sees the wind blow."

She knew it was time to leave. She moved south by foot. Nothing but the bag in her hand and the clothes on her back. All those other things may as well belong to someone else. Another girl in another time. One she wouldn't even recognize in a few months. She would be the goddess that had been lurking inside.

**There's a girl in New York City who calls herself the human trampoline.
And sometimes when I'm falling and flying and tumbling in turmoil
I say "woah, so this is what she means."
She means we're bouncing into Graceland.

We don't choose these things. We cannot predict them and others may not understand. But when the time comes who are you to say no to destiny?

__________________________________________________

* The Boy in the Bubble, Paul Simon
** Graceland, Paul Simon
both tracks off Paul's 1986 Album, Graceland

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.