Although Weezer and Tenacious D toured together in 2001, there was little interaction between the two bands. Well, other than Jack Black and K.G running out in diapers in the middle of Weezer doing Surf Wax America. Yet, the night before that fascinating event, an incredibly historic jam occurred.

It was December 10th, 2001 and The Skinny, a club in Portland, Maine had been rented out for all the crew and members of the bands on the tour (which included the weez, the D and Jimmy Eat World). They all had dinner together, had a couple laughs, a couple drinks and the such. Then, they realized The Skinny was also a venue for live music and there was sorts of in-house equipment lying around. And thus, an epic jam session occurred.

The jam featured =w= lead singer Rivers Cuomo on drums and =w= drummer Pat Wilson on bass. As for The D, K.G took electric guitar (which if you know the band, he usually plays an acoustic) and Jack did the vocals.

This supergroup was then titled Portland, What? and/or The Power Station II. The jam tracklist (which is entirely covers) is as follows:

1. Just What I Needed (The Cars)
2. Footloose (Kenny Loggins)
3. Love Me 2 Times (The Doors)
4. Hot Blooded (Foreigner)
5. Good Times, Bad Times (Led Zeppelin)
6. Heart and Soul (Huey Lewis and the News)
7. More Than A Feeling (Boston)
8. Sunshine of Your Love (Cream)
9. Pinball Wizard (the Who)
10. Enter Sandman (Metallica)
11. Dont Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult)
12. Sister Christian (Night Ranger)(A cappella only)
13. Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne)
14. Something (The Beatles)
15. Highway To Hell (AC/DC)
16. Smoke On The Water (Deep Purple)
17. Golden Slumbers/The End (The Beatles)
18. Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Karl Koch, the main-man for Weezer, usually tapes things like this. But all he had on him was a crappy old Radio Shack tape recorder that picked up more static than music, and the in-house recording equipment wasn't any better. Thus, besides a couple pictures still floating around the Weezer website and the memories of those who were there, there are no accounts of the lone performance of Portland, What? and/or The Power Station II.

If Portland, What? and/or The Power Station II would release an album though, it would probably be better than other "supergroups" out there.

Yeah...I'm looking at you Audioslave.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.